Criminal Rehabilitation V. Temporary Resident Permit For Inadmissibility

Canadian Immigration Entry Graphic

Generally, you are considered to be criminally inadmissible to Canada if you:

– were convicted of an offence in Canada;
– were convicted of an offence outside of Canada that is considered a crime in Canada; or
– committed an act outside of Canada that is considered a crime under the laws of the country where it occurred and would be punishable under Canadian law.
Overcoming Criminal Inadmissibility:

If you were convicted of or committed a criminal offence outside Canada, you may be able to overcome this criminal inadmissibility by applying for criminal rehabilitation rehabilitation.

If you do not yet qualify to apply for rehabilitation, you may still be able to enter Canada after applying for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). A TRP is issued to a foreign national for a short time if it is found that the foreign national has compelling reasons to enter Canada.

Contact us to book a consultation and discuss your options of applying for Criminal Rehabilitation or a Temporary Resident Permit.