Criminal Rehabiliation and TRP

1. Generally, you are considered to be criminally inadmissible if you:

  • Were convicted of an offence in Canada;
  • Were convicted of an offence outside of Canada that is considered a crime in Canada; or
  • Committed an act outside of Canada that is considered a crime under the laws of the country where it occurred and would be punishable under Canadian law.

2. Overcoming Criminal Inadmissibility:

If you were convicted of or committed a criminal offence outside Canada, you may be able to overcome this criminal inadmissibility by applying for rehabilitation.

If you do not qualify to apply for rehabilitation, you may still be able to enter Canada after applying for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). A TRP is issued to a foreign national for a short time if it is found that the foreign national has compelling reasons to enter Canada.

Contact us for more information about applying for criminal rehabilitation or a Temporary Resident Permit.

Questions about Criminal Rehabiliation and TRP?
Contact Us:

Are you ready to start working with us?