Family Sponsorship

1. Spousal/ Child Sponsorship:

Canadian citizens and Permanent residents of Canada who are 18 or older can sponsor a:

  • Spouse
  • Common-law partner
  • Conjugal partner
  • Dependent child
  • The sponsored spouse must be at least 18 years old and your relationship must be genuine.
  • The sponsored child must be under 21 years old and unmarried. If the child is older than 21 years of age and is dependent on the financial support of his or her parents due to a mental or physical condition, then that child may be eligible to be sponsored.

There are two types of spousal or common law partner sponsorship applications:

  • Outside Canada sponsorship application – if your spouse or partner lives outside of Canada.
  • Inside Canada sponsorship application – If your spouse or partner lives inside Canada. Applicants under this category may also be eligible to apply for a work permit when the sponsorship application is filed.

2. Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship:

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents for permanent residence in Canada.

This program uses a lottery system, which has a maximum limit for the number of applications each year. The program usually opens on the first business day of January. Once those who are interested in being a sponsor complete the appropriate form during the month of January, the Ministry of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) will randomly choose 10,000 sponsors from the pool of applicants, and those people will be invited to send in their full application to sponsor their parents and grandparents.

Contact us for more information regarding the sponsorship of your spouse, child, parent or grandparent.

Questions about Family Sponsorship?
Contact Us:

Are you ready to start working with us?