Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

You may require a Temporary Resident Visa in order to enter Canada, depending on your country of residence. A Temporary Resident Visa will allow you to enter Canada to visit family and friends or perform limited business functions as a business visitor.

Depending on your country of citizenship, you may not need a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada. However, you may require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before flying to Canada. Foreign nationals of all other countries must obtain a Temporary Resident Visa prior to entering Canada.

A Temporary Resident Visa does not allow a foreign national to work in Canada. It allows a foreign national to enter and remain in Canada as a tourist. In order to work in Canada, you may need a work permit.

There are different types of Temporary Resident Visas/ visitor visas:

  • Single Entry Visa – The foreign national may only enter Canada once;
  • Multiple Entry Visa – The foreign national will be authorized for unlimited entries into Canada during the validity of the Visa; and
  • Transit Visa –​foreign ​nationals who’s country of origin requires a visa and who are travelling and stop in Canada for less than 48 hours will be allowed entry to Canada

A traveler may apply for an extension of his/ her status in Canada beyond the initial expiry date granted by the officer at the port of entry. There are deadlines for applying for this type of extension.

Contact us for more information obtaining a Temporary Resident Visa (visitor visa) to Canada.

Questions about Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)?
Contact Us:

Are you ready to start working with us?