Work Permits and LMIA

The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) and the International Mobility Program (IMP) allow employers to hire temporary workers. Under the TFWP, employers may hire temporary workers to occupy temporary labour and skill shortages. This requires the employer to obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)/ Service Canada, which states that the employer is permitted to hire the foreign temporary worker. The LMIA confirms that there is a requirement for the temporary worker in Canada and that there are no Canadians free to complete the job.

The International Mobility Program is a way to allow employers to hire temporary workers without first obtaining a positive LMIA.

Contact us to assist you in obtaining an LMIA and/ or work permit to hire a temporary foreign worker.

Questions about Work Permits and LMIA?
Contact Us:

Are you ready to start working with us?